Sunday, January 28, 2007

Manfredi Triathlon

I read a couple of books by Valerio Massimo Manfredi. Listed below are the books:

The Spartan. I had read this a few years back and this was my first Massimo. Love at first read is how to describe this book.
The Talisman of Troy read in December `06. A nice read at times a drag but in all good.
The Oracle. This was a try by Manfredi at getting away from the typical ancient Roman setting towards blending the 20th century with the fables from ancient Rome. For me, it was not that great a read. It sort of feels like it has an Identity crisis.
I just finished reading The Empire of Dragons. It was a beauty and a must read. It has a very distinct character and charm that keeps you glued to the book.

Link to my other post on this

No comments:

Post a Comment